San Diego, CA (October 8, 2014) – Today, IDW Publishing and Disney announced their colossal team-up together to bring the lauded and revered Disney comics back to print in a number of exciting formats! Beginning in early 2015, fans can expect to see the first wave of these classic masterpieces featured in an array of award-winning and innovative publications from IDW:
- This monumental collaboration kicks off with multiple monthly series featuring some of the most iconic characters of all time: Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Pluto, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, and many more! Re-presenting acclaimed comics from the past and today, these series will highlight the best and brightest of Disney’s impressive comic catalog.
- The award-winning Artist’s Edition line, pioneered by IDW that showcases original artwork, will feature collections from the immense talents who have contributed to many beloved Disney comics over the years. Artist’s Editions featuring the legendary Carl Barks and Don Rosa will receive the spotlight in these gorgeous over-sized collections of original art reproduced at full size.
- IDW Limited division will produce a number of select collections for the ultimate collectors. With original art, signature plates, and unique display designs, IDW Limited will offer a number of Disney series in deluxe limited editions.
- Launched in 2014, Micro Comic Fun Packs have enjoyed immense success with highly recognizable franchises, and will expand its line with multiple Disney properties. Packed with a mini-comic, stickers, posters, and more, the Micro-Comic Fun Pack has been captivating new comic audiences on a mass-market scale.
- Celebrating the rich history of the many facets of comics, the Library of American Comics offers detailed and insightful looks at specific comics and creators. Beginning in 2015, the LOAC will begin collecting the various newspaper strips that have featured iconic Disney characters.
“There’s nothing quite like Disney,” said IDW CEO Ted Adams. “Despite the fact that nearly all of the titles in its library were originally intended for kids, adult collectors have long sought high quality and regularly published collections of classic Disney material. IDW is thrilled to present these beloved stories in quality packages for both entry level comics readers and serious collectors alike.”